Tuesday, December 20, 2011

MY NEW COLOR *FAIL*




Hi Beautifuls!

I hope that all is well with everyone. As I've mentioned on here, I've been wanting to color my hair for awhile. And recently purchased a box of color.

Well, I finally got around to applying it to my hair. I would love to tell, and show you that the color exceeded my expectations. However, that is not the case. I am less than pleased with the results.
Can you see any color here???......

Absolutely. No. Damn. Color.
Yes, I know I need to trim. Lol.


Well, not really. It's some there. Barely there. You may be able to see a little difference in sunlight, but that's not what I was going for. I wanted a more dramatic change. One you could notice in dim lighting.

Granted, I've hennaed my hair quite a few times in the past. Well..around 6 or 7 or 8 times, but I was hoping that this would not be an issue at this point. After twitter-versing with Aleise J. of HairLovAart Studio, she reiterated something that I've heard many times about henna but just did not want to believe. At least not for myself. That it does not wash or fade out from your hair. You must grow it out. *Boo!*

Now this would not be an issue if a) my hair was short and more importantly, b) I was a patient person. *sighs* Oh, well. I suppose my true color adventures will have to begin once I do my 2nd bc. (Yes, I'm still talking about that.) She also mentioned that the color level I chose, 4C, would only result in a slight shift in pigment. (Which was all it gave me). Too low of an ammonia amount.

I tried. *shrugs.*

2 comments:

  1. OMG I went through the SAME thing with that brand four years ago!!!!!! I stupidly waited 48 hours and applied another application. That worked in geetting the color.... AND causing my hair to break off! LOL

    Maybe that brand works better for straightened (or relaxed hair)???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Miss Moon - "48 hours"??!!! ..... Girl, I feel for ya. We've all had our hard lessons from time to time. I've talked to a couple of stylist and they both said that that particular color was a too dark for me to achieve the type of change that I wanted. On top of which, the henna is still there and that doesn't help.
    So its just another reason for me to lop it all off again in a second bc. =)

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it