Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CARROT-GINGER SOUP C/O GRIMMWAY FARMS

Hi Gorgeous Ones!
I hope that your week is going well. I've been trying to keep up with my workouts but I doubt that anything will be going down today. Too much to do with limited amount of time. However, on yesterday my time was not too limited to get in a quick healthy & delicious recipe.

Some weeks ago, I was contacted by the people of Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic or Bunny Luv (Don't you just love that name?) to review a product of theirs. After researching them, I discovered that I was already familiar with their line of produce. I'd actually purchased some of their produce before. So now I was eager to consciously buy, use and review their goods.

So I had to figure out which product I would feature. Since I'm a big fan of carrots, I decided to go with them. I received the coupon and went to scoop some up.

Cal-Organic Farms carrots ..and green onions


And look what I ended up with:
Carrot-Ginger soup
Yes. Indeed.

I totally enjoyed preparing this. Again, do note that I had been running around earlier and honestly didn't feel like going through the motions of preparing anything to eat. But this was so simple and took only a small amount of time & effort. The carrots were fresh and ready to go. Easy to peel and chop up. I honestly cannot recall a time that I've purchased this brand and experienced anything outside of good.

Anyhoo, I also picked up some of their green onions to top the soup of with. Yummm. And yes. Same fresh quality.

Oh! Before I forget, here's the recipe, which I got from EatLiveRun.com.


Ingredients:

1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped

2 T minced fresh ginger

1 shallot, minced

2 cups vegetable or chicken broth

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp coriander

1 T olive oil

thinly sliced green onions for topping

Directions:

Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the minced shallot and saute until tender, about five minutes. Add the ginger and saute for another three-four minutes. Can I just pipe tell you how wonderful this aroma is. Ooh!!

Add the chopped carrots, broth, coriander and salt and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender. Carefully transfer to a blender and puree. Serve with thinly sliced green onions on top.

Time:

30 minutes Yes!

This was so easy to make and so delicious. The smell alone will make you salivate.
I think its a great accompaniment to the holidays or simply for the fall season.

And a big thanks to the folks at Grimmway Farms for even considering me for this. I'm very appreciative. And so is my stomach. ;) Thanks for the great organic products. Love!

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Looks goood!...Enjoy!:))

    Take care,

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm! I may have to try this idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good. Love the colors.
    It also reminds me of baby food :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it