Thursday, October 13, 2011

FIGHT THE POWER III - "The Coup de Grâce "

Rosie Perez in opening dance scene from the motion picture, "Do The Right Thing".


Salut Lovelies!

Hope that all is well with everyone. I decided to share a new favorite essential oil mix for my last "Fight The Power" post. Again, this recipe pertains to "sinusitis" and is from The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood.

This blend is for a topical application and can be applied/massaged directly on the skin.

Rosemary e.o. - 5 drops
Geranium e.o. - 5 drops
Eucalyptus      - 2 drops
Peppermint     - 3 drops

Blend the above essential oils together. Then add 5 drops of this blend to one (1) teaspoon of vegetable oil. After adding the blend to the vegetable oil, massage mix around the neck, behind and in front of the ears, over the cheekbones, the nose and forehead.

I usually apply this at bedtime, though sometimes I've applied it once during the day to my nose only. If you choose to try this, be sure to follow the directions to the letter. I wasn't paying attention the first time I made this blend and added the first part of the recipe blend (shown above) directly to the vegetable oil. Not good. Can we say sting?! I immediately wiped til the sting was faint. So be careful.

As always take care with the use of essential oils.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!!, This is one I must write down in my recipe book:)). Thanks for sharing.

    Take care,
    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I'll be scooping up some geranium over the weekend. Can't wait to try this blend!

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it