Wednesday, October 12, 2011

EVOO...THE NAIL SAVER



Had to share with you all a little something that I've been incorporating into my household work.

Granted we give the dishwasher a fair amount of attention, there are times when you just can't throw a dirty dish into that machine. Say for instance, caked on marinara sauce or some other organic item that really should've been scraped a whole lot better off of the plate. Just sayin'. These are the times where I break out the gloves to save my so-in-need-of-a-professional-manicure nails. But wait... not only do I break out the gloves, I also add some evoo to the mix. Yes.

Gosh, there are so many great uses to olive oil that its almost mind-bending. If you want to know more about it, check out Zainab1's (AuNaturale blogspot) post on this multi-use oil here. I've chosen to add the oil to my cuticles prior to putting on gloves. So far, this is proving to be of great benefit. The warmth from the dish water added to my body heat, gives my nails & cuticles a wonderful treatment. All while taking care of some business.

I'm not experiencing crazy splits and my nails aren't dry like they used to be. Gotta love it!

What household items are getting multiple uses in your home?

4 comments:

  1. I loooove this!...Yes! EVOO is the business, it never lets me down. Great tip!:)). BTW, Thanks for the mention :)0

    Take care,

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I've been tending to my nails more lately with weekly at-home manicures and purchased some cuticle oil but I just planned to use up the oil and recycle the bottle by filling it back up with olive oil :-)

    My son is the designated dish washer but since he got hurt in sports I've been washing the dishes -- I really should be using gloves though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zainab1 - You're welcome, Luv.

    @CallaLily - Hey Lady! Glad you like. I feel ya. My daughter does the dishes during summer and school breaks, so its on me now. The gloves and oil really do help.
    How have you been? Sorry to hear that your son is injured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing well, thanks for asking. Hope things are also well with you (sending hugs your way)!

    Thanks, he's on the road to recovery now - thank goodness.

    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it