Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SMOOTHIES & THE KP CORPORATE RUN/WALK 5K


Hola!

Had to share with you a tasty smoothie that I happened upon. I used the phrase "happened upon" because I never found myself that fond of a particular fruit that I used in it.

That particular fruit would be the peach. Yes, a Georgia peach who never fully liked peaches. Unless, of course, they were drowning in a processed syrup of some sort. Sad but true.

If you're wondering what moved me to try one in a smoothie, I can only give you a simple answer. A cousin of mine brought some over. And I didn't want them to go to waste so I used them. That is all.

What makes my change of heart even more interesting is that I suddenly fell in love with their aroma as they ripened. It's funny to me because I've seen plenty of peaches. I've smelled plenty of peaches. But I never was inclined to bite into a fresh one until I caught a good whiff of one of them in its prime. Once my nose was sprung, I thought of how I could use this baby in a smoothie.

So I whipped out one of my bags of frozen bananas, my hemp protein powder & hemp milk and got the party started. I peeled the peach, cut it up, took a bite of its delicious flesh and dropped it with all the other ingredients into my blender.


So good.

*Sidenote: I find it ridiculously funny how I won't think to take a picture of my smoothies until after I've drank some of it.  Which is why you may notice certain rings on my glass full of smoothie. Lol. I'm working on it.

On to my run in the KP Corporate Run/Walk which was last Thursday. First, let me say that I am truly thankful to the running gods for cooler weather. ;)  ATL was burning up this summer, so it was quite refreshing to do a race in cooler temps with little humidity.

It was a 5K evening race, with a fairly nice course. Yes, there were a few hills but they weren't so bad, and a very challenging hill right at Georgia State University. I believe I'm improving on running up hill.  The GSU hill kind of reminded me of "Cardiac Hill" of the Peachtree Road Race. Although I ended up walking a little bit of it, I did push myself to run more of it than I thought I could.

So overall, I'm pretty happy with my efforts in this race. As far as my time, I have no idea what I ran. I didn't think to check the clock for my time and I haven't purchased a run tracker as of yet so.. oh well. It's all good. I know I had a great run.

Not sure if I'll be able to run in the next race that I chose, the Walk of Heroes 5K. My personal goal was to commit to two races a month but with my car cutting up needing maintenance, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that goal this month. Either way, I'll still be running on my own time which is 3 times a week, so I'm not really stressing about it. It is what it is. And I plan on making the best of all things, so onward I go.

Do you have any personal fitness goals? If so, how are they coming along?

4 comments:

  1. C.O I am seriously going to try this shake I love anything and all things w/ bananas...yum. plus it's a healhty sake even better, I plan to get to the health food store...soon.

    I am still doing my running/ walking. I run at least 2-3 times a week and walking daily. I am seeing great results, not to mention I am really enjoying the alone time, nature, and beautiful mornings :0)

    Congrats on your running that's awesome, and best of luck to you in your future races.

    Take care, have a great day!

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOO not mad at the ring in the glass... You have your priorities right: enjoy smoothie yumminess, THEN snap blog photo! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zainab1 - You get it, Lady! I so love being outside. And with the weather getting cooler its even better.

    @Miss Moon - Lol. Thanks Dahling!

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it