Saturday, September 10, 2011

MY NOD TO NYFW

Well, kinda sorta....

 I actually took these photos weeks ago. Maybe even a month ago. I had intended to post them on yesterday but circumstances surrounding my car prevented me from doing so. Btw, anyone in the Dekalb area of metro-Atlanta who knows a reputable & reasonable mechanic for VW's, holla at me.

Anyhoo, these are some photos I took of me wearing a lovely tunic from Wewe Clothing. Folake, of StylePantry.com, gifted me this pink one along with a lime green tunic that I purchased during their 4th of July sale.


Hmm, check out "the girls" side-profile. Can you tell I wore a push-up bra? haha!

Wore a necklace I swiped from my mother's closet. Lol. Got the idea to wear a bigger necklace to cover up my "girlie dip" from Folake herself.


Had to take a pic of my China Glaze "For Audrey" polish. I love this shade! Took me forever to find it. I bought it off of Amazon.com only to find out a cousin of mine found hers at a Sally's. Womp womp.

I swear I was not trying to give a "Zoolander" look. My brother just caught me like that. Haha!!


I so love this look! Big hugs to Folake. Mmuah!!
I love my tunics. On top of being vibrantly beautiful colors,  they were right on time for the blazing hot weather we were experiencing. Kept me in the cool. =)

I heart Folake. She's truly a sweetie with an enviable fashion sense. Her giving nature inspires me to give more and in more ways.

Here's a little something extra that I love about Wewe clothing:

"We are an eco-friendly company. Whenever possible we choose organic and fair-trade fabrics for production, and look for ways to reduce our carbon footprint. Our African fabrics use low-impact, non-toxic dyes straight from Nigeria.
Beyond our clothing, we do everything possible to widen our eco-efforts in the workplace. We encourage our workers to commute by bike to work and for running errands. We are a near-paperless shop, relying on our trusty laptops, phones and other modern conveniences to bypass useless printing."


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.



5 comments:

  1. First let me say the pictures...sharp!. I am loving that necklace... haute!

    I love folake as well. I think she is so fly..I love her fashion sense. She has inspired me in many of the outfits I wear. I read her blog daily:))

    Thanks for sharing your pictures with us CO, you look fabulous!...p.s I love that nail polish also :))

    Take care
    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zainab1 - Thanks! Yes, I love the necklace, too. The funny thing is that my mother doesn't remember where she got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful in pink! folake is so sweet - i love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your necklace! :)
    if you want we can follow each others! :)

    http://freakyfriday-sabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Zarna - Thanks Zarna!

    @Sabrina - Thanks Sabrina! Happy to have you here.

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it