Friday, September 30, 2011

ARE U READY? ....SO RANDOM FRIDAY




Hi Beauties!

I hope that everyone's week has gone well. Mine was good. But now the weekend is upon us. And to tell the truth, my weekends can almost be more busy than weekdays. Oh well. Still wouldn't mind getting out for a nice cocktail but I don't see the time for it this weekend. So maybe I can make it happen next weekend. ;)

So...what happened to September?! All of a sudden its gone and October is staring us in the face. Am I the only person who witnessed this? Just sayin'. And we all know that with October comes Halloween and a bunch of media (& retail) themes related to it. As a matter of fact, Syfy channel will be featuring 31 Days of Halloween movies. Or basically, movies to supposedly scare your pants off. Syfy can suck at giving us quality movies by delivering some pretty crappy b-movies. So I'm hoping they go into their classic, aka "the good ones" scary/horror film vault.

But I have to admit that as I've gotten older, I can't watch 'em like I used to. Which I find interesting because I was basically raised on them. I can recall the days when I would watch all sorts of late night scary nuggets with my mother, like "Night Gallery" and "Kolchak: The Night Stalker". Hmm, me thinks I just dated myself. Lol.

Anyhoo, there are some scary/horror movies that I absolutely lack the gonads to watch again. In this post, I will list five of those that I just can't deal with. You can watch them if you dare.

MY TOP 5 SCARIEST MOVIES THAT I REFUSE TO WATCH AGAIN.....EVER!
5. Scary Movie (1st 30 minutes, that is. After that, its straight comedy. Seriously.)
4. Hellraiser I and II (I cannot fathom watching the 3rd thru 9th installments. Yes....they made 9.)
3. Halloween (That damn musical score they played everytime Michael was around creeped me out!)
2. Penny Dreadful (An intensely scary movie that amazingly has gone under the radar.)
1. The Exorcist (I remember seeing this as a kid. I ain't effin' with it, again.)

Now, having said that... I will be glued to the set when AMC's zombie-laden series, "The Walking Dead" comes back for its 2nd season on October 16th. Yes, I will.

Do you dare watch any of these movies? Have you already seen them and didn't think they were that scary? Do you have any favorites?

4 comments:

  1. My family and I don't watch halloween movies. But, I may however check out one of those scary movies you spesk of as long as it's not hallowwen related...sounds like fun!

    Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend, take care

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zainab1 - Hey Lady! Every movie except for the "Halloween" movies are halloween-free. Have fun with whichever one you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love scary movies. I've seen all the ones you posted buy Penny Dreadful...never heard of it.

    One of my faves is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the 2003 remake. I'll admit I'm a fan of slasher films. I'm not one of those people who like to imagine what happens...show me the gore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nappy Headed Black Girl - I highly recommend "Penny Dreadful" for a great scare. I had never heard of it until I watched one of those "Scariest Movies" countdown show. Oh, my God. It scared the sh*t outta me. You've gotta check it out. Once you do, please let me know your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it