Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ONE OF MY FAV AFTER-RUN BREAKFAST MEALS



Cinnamon-Almond Banana waffles

Hola Beautiful Ones!

Just wanted to share with you one of my fav meals I have, Cinnamon-Almond Banana waffles, after a good morning run. It's healthy. It's delicious. And its vegan. Woo hoo!!

Here are my ingredients:



wheat &  gluten free waffles
 

Raw Almond butter

ripe banana
 


Cinnamon

Real simple. After I toast my waffles, I slather on a bit of Almond butter. Not a glob of it, but just enough to cover and taste.


Then I slice up the banana to lay the slices on top of the butter.


I then sprinkle good ole cinnamon on top of banana pieces, leading to a tasty fulfilling meal.


finis
I go back and forth between eating 1 or 2 of these at a time. Since I've begun running on the regular (3 times a week), I'm still trying to figure out the balance between eating enough and eating too little.

What d'ya think?....


4 comments:

  1. That looks hella yummy. Wow. I have to introduce this to the kids. They love waffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @StylePantry - It is! I hope they'll love it. It really is tasty.

    I'm also going to try it with apples. I think that will taste great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be stealing this recipe. After my morning work out, I'm always scarffing down a banana. And it so happends that i have to Exact waffles in my freezer but never cracked them open. So yep, once I run to Whole foods for that almond butter, and get another bussle of bananas I will have yet another non guilty breakfast. :) And I'm pretty sure you're eating fine. Eating more smaller meals is key. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MrsWardy88 - Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it