Thursday, August 18, 2011

THE GRAND FINALE!


Chastain Park

Hi Lovelies!

Last Saturday, I ran the Atlanta Track Club's  "Grand Finale 5k" race. I was so looking forward to it, partly because I knew I was going to be running in a beautiful, tree-filled & landscaped area that would lead me into an almost euphoric state of running.
source
Nope. Never reached this state or even one close to it. I was moreso channeling the young lady behind her, with a heavy emphasis on panting. Lol.

The race took place at Chastain Park, which amazingly enough, I had never been to.  But I knew that the park was in an upscale residential area. And it definitely was. What I didn't know, was that this particular area is very hilly. I mean, very hilly. Oh my, God!! So hilly!

The race started on a down-slope that, with a quick left turn in the course, changed to an incline. It was a steady incline of about 20 to 45'ish degrees, which I honestly thought would eventually even out. Granted it did, only to bring us a sharp hill. Ooh wee!! *Sighs* What can I say? It was rough. And here's the kicker. That wasn't the only sharp hill. Ma-a-a-annn! Needless to say, I couldn't tell you much about the beauty of the area. I mean, I barely even glanced at the park. I was too busy trying to make it. Lol.

Now don't get me wrong. Although it was a challenging race for me, I still had fun. I even got my brother to join me, since the 5K fell on a Saturday which is one of our usual running days. So proud of him!

And yes, as hard as it was, I am still considering running "that girl" again next year. Lol. What can I say? I'm all into running now.  ;)

Well, my next race is the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk in September. It's another 5K that I'm looking forward to.  Although I kind of wish it was later in September. I'm longing to run in cooler temps. Granted, it's an evening race, starting at 7 o'clock. Our temps are still quite hot at that time. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a cool-front that week.

So how's your fitness regimen going?....

1 comment:

  1. just stumbled on your blog and glad i did. Congrats on running and having fun with it, The decision to join the race makes you a winner.
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it