Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DAIYA "MOZZARELLA CHEESE" TOMATOES




Hola Gorgeous Ones!

Had to drop this quick & simple snack recipe that I revisited recently. Yes, its vegan. And yes, it's delicous.


I basically sliced up a tomato. Seasoned them with oregano, garlic powder (was out of fresh garlic), a little basil & salt.


Then topped them with some mozzarella Daiya cheese. Daiya cheese is a dairy-free & soy-free vegan product that melts really well and tastes great! It comes in cheddar, mozzarella & the recent pepperjack flavors.


Then I popped them in the 450 degree oven for maybe 10 minutes or so. Long enough for the cheese to melt. Then took them out to cool for a moment.


And voila!

Good eating.

4 comments:

  1. yum! that looks easy & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmy! I need to come visit you, so you can just cook healthy meals for me all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zarna - It is!

    @Style Pantry - Lol! Girl, I hadn't reached chef status just yet. I'm working on it though. And definitely taking testers. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone with a blog called chocolate orchid is a must visit blog, what a GREAT name. Not only does your blog name rock, but i see pictures of yummy food, i mean c'mon now i have pay you regular visits

    http://fashiongeekchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it