Thursday, July 28, 2011

CRAVING FOR A SWEET FRY

Sweet Potato


OMG Lovelies!

I don't know about anyone else, but this week has truly flown by. I looked up and all of sudden the weekend is upon us. Whew! Not sure if I'm ready, but I certainly have no choice but to roll with it. =)

I"m certain I'm not the only person who experiences this, but I go thru spurts of craving certain foods. A few weeks ago, my food of the moment was sweet potatoes. I was seriously wanting me some sweet potatoes. More specifically, the fries. I mean, it (craving) was really on me. Then it got to a point where I wanted sweet potato in any form but I won't go that far today.

Anyhoo, to satisfy my cravings, I went on a purchase a couple of sweet potatoes to try my hand at making sweet potato fries. It actually went pretty well and I learned a few things in the process.
This sheet-full is from 1 potato.

For one, 1 sweet potato can make a load of fries. So you really don't need to buy a bag to render a fair amount of fries.

Secondly, it was extra simple to make. I just peeled the sweet potato. (Which you don't have to do if you don't want to.) Then I cut them into my closest rendition of fries. Lol. Toss them in a bowl with a tablespoon or two of evoo, some Sun Fire salt (sea salt or pink himalayan's good too.) & pepper.

I laid them out on a cookie sheet, making sure they were nicely spaced out. Then popped them into my preheated oven of 450 degrees for 15 minutes. After that, I took them out and then turned them over with tongs and mostly my hands. Ouch!!  I know. I need a crispamesh. Then I put them back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes and they were ready.
All done!

So easy. So quick. And so delicious.

Btw, they can be fried but we're trying to be our healthy best over here. ;) Also, I've seen recipes where people used cinnamon as a spice. Maybe I'll try adding that one day.
Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday,

6 comments:

  1. Hi Orchid,

    I've always wanted to try these just never thought they were any good- but you have my mouth watering I think i'll make a point to get some today- are these really that much better for you than normal fries?

    No

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potato fries with a spicy turkey burger!!! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooking good!....I've heard many things about sweet potatoes this way. I may try this....soon:))

    Thanks for sharing, take care

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    zainabs vintage & more
    http://shop.ebay.com/abdul3529/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

    ReplyDelete
  4. @No - Whaaatt?!! Man, you've gotta at least taste one. Talk about natural sweetness. They are so good. And good for you. Full of vitamin A, antioxidants, fiber, a good bit of vitamin C and a host of other wonderful stuff gifted by nature. And yes, they are considered better for you than white potatoes. I'll have to do a post on it.

    @Miss Moon - Ooh, that sounds yummy! Ever since I had some sweet potato fries at this place Farmburger, I have been hooked.

    @Zainab1 - You're quite welcome. And I'd love to hear about it as soon as you try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of Greg's favorite things to make. Was never a fan of sweet potato, much less the fries. But I am sold now. Have you tried it with cinnamon? Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @StylePantry - No, I haven't tried cinnamon on them yet but I definitely am going to. I can only imagine the taste to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it