Hi Gorgeous Ones!
I hope that this week is well with you. Just had to share how I'm venturing out, trying more vegan & raw-vegan recipes. My last attempt was a recipe that I saw on ChoosingRaw.com whee Gena made Banana Breakfast Sushi. It looked pretty simple and good so I decided to give try my hand at it.
I had all the ingredients on hand.
1 large Swiss chard, collard, kale, or romaine lettuce leaf
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp agave nectar
1) Cut the thickest part of the stem of your leaf wrapper out with a “V” shaped cut, like so:
2) Spread the tablespoon of almond butter into the crease of the leaf:
3) Drizzle it with about a teaspoon of agave—this is optional, but I liked it:
4) Cut your banana in half, and layer it so that it’s straight in the center of the leaf:
5) Fold up all of the edges bottom edges, and then and wrap it up neatly from right to left:
6) Slice into 3-5 pieces (depending on the length) and enjoy!
Everything went well, I think, until I got to step no.5.
I think I need to work on my "rolling" technique. Haha!
Oh well.... Least it tasted good. =)
Please share any suggestions that you may have on successfully doing his.