Thursday, May 5, 2011

LUNCH OR DINNER.....



Hi Gorgeous!

Hope this week is going well for everyone. Just wanted to share a clean, vegan meal that I tried. I tried making "Green Goddess Rice". Got this from Food Network's Chef Claire Robinson by way of MyCrazySexyLife.com. You can check the recipe out here.  I honestly was not too fond of the taste but saved it by adding garlic. Just love that stuff. Anyhoo, I will try it again but will be sure to add more garlic, some onion and take away from the amount of basil. It was way too much for me. My fav of this meal was my sauteed Lightlife Organic Garden Veggie Tempeh that I made with onions. Love this stuff, also! I topped this on a bed of organic baby spinach. Best part of the meal!



Have you winged tried any healthy recipes lately? If so, share.

13 comments:

  1. wow looks so yummy delish!i need one those in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Thanks for sharing :))
    Take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maria - Thanks!

    @Zainab1 - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very good & delicious. Have to send this link over to hubby at Taste Pantry.

    What is the brown stuff? Vegan chicken? Never heard of green goddess rice either. Have to try it.

    Much love, Cheris. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @StylePantry- Hey Lady! The brown stuff is tempeh that I cut up. Got it from Whole Foods. The brand I use is Lightlife and comes in different flavors including plain. Kind of has a nutty taste. I browned it in evoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got yah. Never had it before. Is it in the soy/tofu family? Curious. Sorry I'm asking questions :)

    I just became a vegetarian, so I need all the help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @StylePantry - You're fine. I'm more than happy to answer all questions that I can.

    Tempeh is a soy food. It's made from cooked, dehulled then fermented soybeans and is high in protein and fiber.

    Oh, and congrats on becoming a vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i add garlic to everything too! i'll have to try tempeh because i'm vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Zarna - Yes! I love me some garlic, too!

    @Amma Mama - Aww thanks! Outside of the rice, it was definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks yummy and healthy at the same time!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look so delicious. I used to be vegan, but just couldnt do it, now had I had great looking food like this. I might have. haha.

    http://melavond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great and delicious, i will give it a tray, maybe Saturday morning. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it