Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BOO TO ECZEMA


source

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m gonna have to up my raw food & vegan food intake. And when I say “up” it, I mean by a good bit. I have been fighting bouts of eczema on my legs (and arms) for awhile. While I was on Carolyn Akens “Body Rejuvenation Detox” program, I could see it calming and diminishing a whole lot. Almost went away. Oh, but of course, since I ended it, it’s crept back up and out in full swing as if it wants to be seen this spring and summer. Not happy about it and I’m not having it.


I’m trying not to get bummed about it ‘cause I really wanna wear some cute spring/summer dresses & shorts but my legs are making me wanna hide. Now I do understand (and know) that I can get a great makeup artist to airbrush my legs until they are back to a healthy norm. If anyone knows how to cover up unsightly blemishes please share.

I first noticed it a year or so ago, after using a certain product. I eventually put that product to rest. But ever since, it’s been a battle. And trust, I’ve been doing every external natural product like stinky Neem oil, ACV juice and my own blend of essential oils in shea butter. They’re just not doing it. And I am one who believes that your nutrition plays a major part in your wellness. So ultimately, I understand that I gotta go back to eating 100% vegan; raw vegan all day and clean vegan at night. Kinda makes me angry cause I count myself as a bit of a foodie but it is what it is. And I gotta do what I gotta do.

Honestly, with the warmer weather hitting, I want to get out and socialize more. And along with this, I envisioned myself eating & drinking whatever I want. Again, basically being a bit of a foodie. But that will have to be shelved for a little while. And I’m okay with that. Besides, I had planned on doing extended periods of eating all vegan. Though I must admit, this will help me get to where I want to be in my diet lifestyle and while training for the Peachtree Road Race. So I’m getting with it with a smile.


In the meantime, I’m taking all suggestions on how to do coverage (makeup) on legs.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to her of this :(. , Keep searing Hopefully you will find something that works. I know of a lotion called" AmLactin" it's said to be pretty good. Not sure if its exactly for Eczema, but it is for dry skin. Check it out you can now by it over the counter at the pharmacy, where as it was just given through your DR. It's quite expensive. But, its still worth looking into.:)

    Hope this helps, take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zainab1 - Thanks Hon. I appreciate your input and will keep the AmLactin in mind.
    For now, I'm gonna stick with using the Neem oil along w/my shealoe mix. It does seem to be improving but just not fast enough for me. But definitely eating 100% vegan for awhile. That seems to handle the best.

    @Jazzy E - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CO,

    I think you will definitely see a difference when you up your raw food intake. I'm quite sure the eczema will diminish.

    I read somewhere, that skin issues have a lot to do with the blood not being as clean as it should be, maybe toxins trying to escape. Raw foods are cleansing and if you can stick with eating 100% or as close to it as possible, you will see it disappear.

    Topical creams, butters, and oils only can do so much, we must go inside and get to the root of the problem. And you already know what to do! :D

    Best wishes!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is this brand of body make up by Derma Blend that My mother uses on her legs to cover her birth mark whilst swimming you should try that. To moisturize your legs in the pharmacy we recommend Oilatum or Aqueous Cream....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Evelyn - Thanks Hon! Definitely needed to read this. I'll look that up. I'm always concerned with skin issues since its our largest organ. And as far as the raw food increase, I've already started.

    @Ag - I've heard of Derma Blend but totally thought it was an old & gone brand. I'll look for it. Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about your eczema :(

    i'm sure you still look beautiful and it's always great to add more raw/vegan food to your diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zarna - Thanks. I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Cheris, I'm sorry about your eczema situation. I have the best remedy. It's called "Dudu Osun". It's a black soap from my culture in Nigeria. But you can find it any African store.

    It's all natural ingredients and does wonders to the skin. Amazon has it here http://www.amazon.com/Dudu-Osun-African-Black-Soap-pack/dp/B000NZAIC2

    You will see improvements. A lot of people swear by it.


    On a different note, I have been everywhere for your shirt. By the time I went to Zara to get a larger size, it was all gone.

    I went to H&M and found the snow leopard shirt like the one I had here http://stylepantry.com/2011/04/12/snow-leopard-print-shirt-ankle-skinnies/

    They are identical. If you send me your address, I will ship it out to you tomorrow (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  10. @StylePantry - Hey Lady! Yes, I've heard of (& seen) this soap but've never tried it. Always heard great things about it but never considered it. I'll definitely check it out.

    Girl, I sure do appreciate your hunting but I'm cryin' about that shirt. Will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eczema is definitely an internal issue, but I recommend the following considerations on diet along with cod liver oil. Topically, I would use anything non-irritating and more natural.
    http://www.westonaprice.org/images/pdfs/healthy4life2011.pdf

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it