|*pic from movie "Young Frankenstein"|
Hi Beautiful Ones,
Going back to my journey of eating a high raw/vegan diet, I’ve reintroduced the green juice back into my life.
I’m telling you. If you want instant energy then guzzle down one of these. I had totally forgotten this until I had some the other day. I drank my juice down and, unlike when I drink coffee (Yes, I still do), I felt immediately awake & energized. I'm convinced that the more I increase my green juice intake, the sooner I'll be able to ween myself off the coffee. Or at least drastically down. ;) I know. It's a personal process.
Turning your nose up to the thought of it? Add an organic granny smith apple (or 2, if needed) and a lemon. Yummy.
So far, I love mixing greens like kale, green lettuce, red lettuce, romaine, a Granny Smith apple and a lemon for my juice. I've delved into adding an herb like parsley or mint. Haven't tried any others just yet. And I'm looking forward to adding garlic to a juice, and trying the darker greens like collards & chard. And yes, ginger definitely puts a little zing into your juice.
I happened upon a pretty straight-forward site on juicing called, The Juicing Book. I found this site to be quite easy to navigate. And I really love the way they break down all the benefits and components of the vegetable (or fruit). It's definitely worth taking a look at.
Fresh green juice does the body good in so many ways.
- It is full of live, unpastuerized enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
- You get to take in more vegetables by drinking them.
- Digestion & absorption of the nutrients and other goodies is immediate since your body doesn't have to break down food particles.
- Helps to alkalize (healthy pH) the body.
- Delivers chlorophyll to the body which is powerful antioxidant, awesome blood builder and cleanser.
You can read my other posts on green juicing here and here.