Freshly juiced vegetables (also referred to as fresh green drinks containing ingredients such as cucumber, celery, spinach, lettuce, sprouts, kale, pak choi, broccoli, cabbage, parsley etc.) give your body an instant boost of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals in a form that the body can easily assimilate, absorb and digest – in fact, studies have shown that the nutrients from juiced vegetables are within our bloodstream within 30 minutes of consumption!
At the most basic level, juicing allows us to add so many more vegetables to our daily diet, and to up the amount of raw food we consume giving the body energy and boosting the immune system and the body’s cleansing process.
A quick summary of why juicing is so beneficial:
- Green juices contain lots of chlorophyll which is incredibly effective in detoxifying our bodies. Chlorophyll can help make our bodies strong, detoxify the liver, can purify and help to rebuild our blood cells (as the molecular structure is very similar to haemoglobin which moves oxygen through our blood), remove mold, parasites and myco/exotoxins from the body and (as many, many studies show) can help prevent and remove cancer cells.
- According to macrobiotic.co.uk – one of the biggest health benefits of juicing can be summarised in one phrase: cellular cleansing. According to Steve Meyerowitz (the Sprout Man!) all changes to a persons health should start at a cellular level by oxygenating and cleansing the system of toxins and other damaging foreign invaders. This is known as creating and enhancing health and fitness from the inside out. The cellular environment is the environment where all of the cells in our body live, including the lymphatic system, digestive system, and cardiovascular system. This could be a whole article in itself, however, it is important to remember that fresh vegetable juices are massively beneficial to the body’s efforts to cleanse its cellular environment.
- Raw, fresh vegetable juices are extremely alkaline. We have several other articles on the importance of alkalising your body, however, very briefly – it is highly beneficial to ensure that your body does not become over-acidic and that an alkaline balance is maintained in the blood & tissues. Over acidification is the common theme and cause of almost all conditions of ill health!
- As mentioned, raw vegetable juices/ green drinks are an excellent source of vitamins & minerals, trace elements, enzymes and nutrients which supply essential elements required for the body’s healing processes and cell regeneration.
- Vegetable juices are rich in natural medicines, vegetal hormones & antibiotics. For instance, certain hormones needed by the pancreas to produce insulin are present in cucumber & onion juices and freshly juiced garlic, onions, radish & tomatoes contain many beneficial antibiotic substances.
- Easily absorbed organic minerals such as calcium, potassium & silicon are contained within fresh vegetable juice. These minerals assist the body in restoring the biochemical & mineral balance in the tissues & cells, which helps to prevent the premature aging of cells & disease.
**info from energiseforlife**
Just wanted to share a couple of the juices that I've made in my juicer. I really enjoy them.
The Acidity Buster by Sandra Cabot
1/2 grapefruit, peeled
2 stalks of celery, leaves removed
1 red radish
2 inch slice of pineapple
1/2 inch ginger root
The Oxygenator by Natalia Rose
1 lb of carrots
1 medium beet
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
1/4 tsp fresh Serrano chili
For my juices, I stick with organic foods. Also, the juicer that I have is the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. And yes, I enjoy this juicer! I hope to purchase a Greenstar juicer one day, so that I can juice leafy greens really well.
Juice recipes came from the following books:
"Raw Food Life Force Energy" by Natalia Rose
"The Juice Fasting Bible" by Sandra Cabot, MD
Cheers to vibrant health!