You may or may not have heard about wheatgrass shots. Maybe you've even tried them. Basically, it's a shotglass of juiced young Agropyron plants, which are closely related to wheat, but look like a fairly typical lawn grass when in its early stages. It is one of the most alkaline green leafy vegetables known and part of the cereal grass family, which includes barley grass, oat grass and rye grass. You can find wheatgrass shots at smoothies stores, healthfood shops or you could even grow and juice your own. You can drink your shot with a wedge of lemon or orange for taste.
If you're unaware of this healthy indulgence, here are 20 things about Wheatgrass that may motivate you to give it a try.
1. Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available.You can find out more about wheatgrass here.
2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other element.
3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
6. Chlorophyll is anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.
7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.
8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
9. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red cell count.
10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13. Dr. Ann Wigmore and institutes based on her teachings has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using wheatgrass.
14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them and makes them over.
15. Wheatgrass Juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of Wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrot, lettuce, celery, and so forth.
16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
20. In the American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Gruskin, M.D. recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize Strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner-ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
In Atlanta, you can get you a shot of Wheatgrass at some Whole Foods Stores (with juice bars), Arden's Garden, some smoothie shops, and some health food stores.
So go ahead and take it straight to the head. ;)