Wednesday, December 3, 2008

PJism in Full Effect


Good Morning Beautifuls!

A while ago, I posted about Kinky-Curly products being carried at Whole Foods. I was so excited ( the operative word here is "was"). Needless to say, I've been in 3 of the Whole Foods down here and much to my disappointment it wasn't at either of them. I thought, "What's up w/that?". Anyhoo, I went to the Kinky-Curly site to look up the retail locations and none of the Whole Foods in Georgia are carrying their line of products. I'm not happy about that. So I looked for the customer service contact info. and tried to email them but my attempt failed. The email came back to me unsuccessful. Tried to call the number listed on the site but was redirected to the email contact(which I verified w/the operator). I will try again and will let you all know the outcome.




Either way, I ended up going over to Curlmart.com and got a few things like the Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish., Miss Jessie's Travel Pak (cause you know the 2nd free one is coming) and I almost forgot... Kinky-Curly Knot Today. Seriously. I almost forgot to buy it. Now I believe that my pjism (product junkie-ism) stems from the fact that I'm still enamored w/my hair and getting to know it. It's been a year and 3 months and I still like to play with it. I honestly thought that I'd calm down by now. What's really funny about this purchase is that I'll be getting a weave in a couple of weeks, thanks to my girls InstantVintage and Bohemian Bookworm (Awesome bloggers! You must check them out!) **side note. I'm doing this to combat my HIH (hand in hair) disorder and to hibernate my hair for the Winter. Basically, protective styling.** I know this purchase may seem ridiculous... I'm still trippin' on myself. But you know what?..This gives me something to look forward to at the end of my "weave season". I'll definitely let you all know how the new products work out.





Oh!..I could not exclude this. The other night, my daughter requested a twist-out pontail (w/braids). After braiding the top front section of her hair, I put the rest in a slightly high ponytail. I used Qhemet's Burdock Root Buttercreme as the moisturizer after spritzing her hair w/some distilled water. I then twisted her hair in 1/2 inch sectons w/Devacurl AnGe'll ( a light-weight moisturizing gel) and topped that w/DevaCurl Set It Free ( a moisture lock). Then I rolled about an inch of each end (left untwisted) on some satin-covered sponge rollers and some on rod rollers. OMG!! I wish I had taken a picture the next morning! Her twist-out pony came out beautiful and incredibly soft. No crunchies!
** insert proud momma/pseudo hairstylist smile**

What products are you trying?....

5 comments:

  1. COrchid,
    I'm a "relaxed girl" and I do appreciate the info that you put out for natural girls or girls looking to really invest in quality products. Although, I'm relaxed, I use some of your tips!

    I have actually just began a new regimen using Aphogee products. I do incoporate "pre-poo" but instead of using shampoo, I lather my scalp and hair with castor oil cold-pressed. Technically, I guess that would be considered a pre-con. I then put on the cap for 30 minutes. Afterwards, I continue my new regimen with shampoo and leave-in con. I am actually loving the results so far. I had severe breakage awhile back (in the back of head), so I'm working to correct that. I'm hoping to really reach my desired goal. It's so true what they say, you have to put in the time and the money to get the results. It's basically trial and error!

    I'm curious, has anyone used/or are using Aphoghee? Please share your results. Ms. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome input! I've read on several threads about people pre-pooing or pre-conditioning. I've also heard good things about people using Aphoghee. Thanks for sharing! Everyone can benefit from this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Kinky Curly stuff! Thankfully it was in a local retailer and they had plenty of it when I went on a hunt. Make sure you call before you waste that gas!

    Thanks for the shout out, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinky-Curly is only sold at one store here...but it's a really inconvenient store to get to so I was happy to hear Whole Foods will carry it...although I haven't had a need for product other than conditioner since I started following Teri's regimen at biracialhair...ChocolateOrchid do you have a Fotki album? To document your hair growth/styles? I'll send you the link to mine if you want; I think you would like Fotki.

    The conditioner I'm using is Nature's Gate lemongrass...it smells so fresh and lovely. I used to buy it at Whole Foods but found it cheaper on Amazon. Lavender and citrus does sound like a heavenly combo though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bohemian Bookworm!
    No, I don't have a fotki. Ooh girl, it's a miracle that I have the time to do this. Although I should w/all the products I've tried and continue to test out. I must admit that I do some fotki lurking. Shoot me an email w/your fotki link. I'd love to stalk yours, too! =)
    lol

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it