Thursday, November 20, 2008

What to Do. What to Do.

Good Morning Beautifuls!

I have been really struggling to figure out what to do w/my hair. It seems like I'm not the only one. As I was reading this morning, Spiced Honey seems to be feelin' the same thing. I guess we all are subject to this hair rut as Urbancurlz discussed in a past post. I'm starting to wonder if it is a seasonal thing. Since the colder weather does effect our hair, maybe it also effects how we feel. I'm sure the added attention/care that we have to give it doesn't help.

I'm considering having my hair blow-dryed and flat ironed. It's been about 6 months since I last had this done but I'm always concerned about heat damage. I haven't made the time to find a cute wig. And I don't wanna always wear it in a bun. I guess you say I need to make a decision. Um meh... Just not feelin' it..

What about you? What are you doing w/your hair during this season?..
Give me some ideas...

4 comments:

  1. Don't straighten it!

    I say you get a weave and don't worry about it for a while. A couple of DCs from time to time should keep it moisturized and you won't have to manipulate it as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may consider that. Thanks, I appreciate your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's only natural (ha! natural) to get in a hair rut from time to time. I second InstantVintage, don't straighten it! The damage even if not apparent immediately will make itself known.

    I was in a massive hair rut until I found Teri's website on curly hair (you have it linked, I think). I am very low-maintenance so I appreciate a routine where I don't have to rely on products but still show my hair texture and length.

    Maybe you could get a weave or some braids for awhile; just take care of your hair underneath. Then you can take the hair out and play with your new growth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bohemian Bookworm! Thanks to you both!

    I'll definitely be putting my hair into hibernation by way of a weave until either my b'day or Spring. It's pretty cold here in the "A" (lows in the 30's, highs in the 50's). We usually don't get those temps until late Jan. or Feb. so it looks like we'll be having a "real" Winter this year. I've gotta protect these tresses and I've already found a stylist w/a good reputation that is gonna do it for me.

    Thank Ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Speak on it